Valoriza Environment develops an energy efficiency software for 100% electric waste collecting vehicles
- Valoriza has acquired a 27tn fully electric truck with a rated output of 200 lifts and a range of 200km.
- The development is carried out within the Gordon project, which has the support of the CDTI
- The city of Guadalajara has been the first municipality to test the project
Valoriza Environment has acquired a 100% electric truck within the Gordon research project, which develops a software to maximize the collection of waste with a sustainable fleet.
Valoriza Environment has acquired a 100% electric truck within the framework of the research project "Development of a real-time response software tool to maximize a sustainable collection fleet (GORDON 2.0)" financed by the Industrial Technological Development Center (CDTI).
The research project called "Development of a real-time response software tool to maximize a sustainable collection fleet (GORDON 2.0)", is financed by the Industrial Technological Development Center (CDTI). Gordon takes on the challenge of developing a software tool for real-time smart processing that enables the reduction of the consumption of batteries of electrical machinery for waste collection and exceeds the performance of other vehicles with the same fossil fuel features.
The electric truck purchased by Valoriza has the following features:
- 27 tonne side load collector with a capacity of 22m3, with electric traction and PTO;
- a theoretical output of 200 lifts and up to 200 km range
- an electric motor of 240 kW powered by a lithium battery pack with a capacity of 240 kWh;
- an approximate charging time from 0% charge of around 5 hours through a 40 kW on-board charger;
- Noise emissions of only 20 dB that, compared to 95 dB of a conventional fossil fuel collection truck, will translate as a very significant reduction of noise pollution in cities.
As part of the project, Valoriza performs pilot tests with different characteristics and in threshold conditions in several locations. They will help show the correct functioning of the software developed.
The first location chosen was Guadalajara, a city at the head of Smart Cities, where Valoriza Environment provides road cleaning and waste collection services.
Thanks to this project, Valoriza Environment shows its current and future commitment with the provision of sustainable and efficient services in cities.