Sacyr is aware of the impact its partners have on their own environmental performance, and therefore encourages their adherence to their standards and values.
To this purpose, when it comes to contracting its services, in addition to available resources and experience, it assesses the degree of compliance with other requirements such as:
- Existence of certified Management Systems ISO 14001, ISO 50001 or EMAS or certified products.
- Achievement of objectives to improve environmental impact and prevent pollution (measurement of carbon footprint, water footprint, ...)
- Implementation of environmental actions related to the use of advanced technologies with respect to the environment, minimization of waste, recovery of the spaces occupied by its facilities.
- Communication to third parties of their environmental achievements and commitmentsComunicación a terceros de sus logros y compromisos ambientales.
- Distance to the workplace (local suppliers) minimizing the environmental impact derived from the transfer of materials and products and seeking the socio-economic impulse of the area.
With these criteria, a total of 430 suppliers were initially evaluated (in 2016), of which 259 met some environmental criteria.
Periodically, they are evaluated regarding the degree of compliance with the environmental and quality requirements included in the documents of the developed activity.
In the periodic controls or at the end of the provided service, a total of 1,735 suppliers have been evaluated, of which 95% have been considered as favorable.