We have published the 2021 Integrated Sustainability Report that details our progress in this area over the past year
- Comprehensive management of the supply chain is part of our corporate responsibility policy and our strategy against climate change
For the second consecutive year, we have received an A- rating -the second highest possible- for our climate management and performance.
Qualification agency S&P has situated us among the top 10 international infrastructure companies in its ESG evaluation.
This seal, awarded by the Spanish Ministry for the Ecological Transition, reflects our efforts and commitment to the battle against climate change.
- Our commitment: reducing our absolute scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 42% and absolute scope 3 by 25% by 2030 from a 2020 base year.
- Our emissions reduction targets are in line with what climate science deems necessary to limit global warming to 1.5ºC.
We collaborate with more than 250 families within some of our influence areas in Colombia, like Antioquia, Nariño and Norte de Santander.
This is the third consecutive year we have earned this distinction from the Ministry for reducing the intensity of our emissions by more than 8% compared to the previous three years.
We accomplish another milestone in our sustainability strategy by entering the prestigious Sustainalytics rating, where we achieve fifth place among construction and infrastructure companies internationally and first place in Spain.
Sacyr Agua carries out environment watching tasks in the sea to help preserve water environments with one of our most recent innovative products: our underwater drone.
- Sacyr joins the celebration of World Environment Day, which focuses on one of the most pressing challenges nowadays: to recover ecosystems for promoting biodiversity and fighting against climate change.
Our new corporate campaign highlights what makes us unique. A team of 85 nationalities that works with excellence towards a more sustainable planet.
- We are one of the 23 companies in Spain that have reduced their emissions the most in the latest years, according to the Financial Times’ Europe Climate Leaders 2021 list
- Our commitment to the planet has made us reduce our greenhouse gases by 38% between 2014 and 2019.
- This way, we set the foundation for one of our biggest challenges for the coming years: to be carbon neutral by 2050.
- At Sacyr, we believe in sustainability as an agent of change and we focus on innovative projects to move forward in a zero-waste society.
- Waste treatment plants in Melbourne (Australia) and Mataró (Spain) are two examples of Sacyr’s commitment to the circular economy.
We have increased Santa Cruz’s desalinated water production capacity by 37% and made the plant more environmentally friendly.