The Concessionary Unión del Sur, led by Sacyr, closes the financing of the Rumichaca-Pasto road in Colombia

Nine international financial institutions have participated in the financial closing, which reaches 1.8 trillion pesos (513 million euros), which demonstrates the trust in the project.

Sacyr reinforces its concessional profile, which already represents nearly 80% of the company's EBITDA.

The Concessionaire Vial Union del Sur, led by Sacyr Concessions, has closed the financing of the Rumichaca-Pasto road for a total of 1.8 trillion pesos (513 million euros). The closure guarantees the investment required to successfully build this 83-kilometer road project, located in the southwest of the country. 

Sacyr holds 60% of this project, while the remaining 40% is in the hands of the Ecuadorian firm Herdoiza Crespo Construcciones.

“The achievement of this financing closure represents a significant milestone. The soundness of the Rumichaca-Pasto project is reflected in the vote of confidence from the financial system. We are very satisfied since the financial closure guarantees the works and actions that will develop and provide well-being to the department of Nariño and Colombia,” said Germán de la Torre Lozano, General Manager of the Vial Unión del Sur Concessionaire.

The international financial entities that have participated in the financial closing are the following:  

• Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), JP Morgan and Metlife from the United States. 

• Banco Santander and Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO) from Spain.  

• Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) from Japan. 

• Credit Agricole from France.   

• Bank of China from China.  

At present Rumichaca-Pasto is in the construction stage, with a total progress of 24.4%. Works are being carried out at approximately 80 work fronts, which generate 3,594 direct and indirect jobs. 

Concessional profile

Rumichaca-Pasto is one of the four roads that Sacyr Concessions is developing in Colombia, within theFourth Generation (4G) projects, launched by the Government of the South American country.

These projects have contributed to increase Sacyr Concessions profile during recent years. The concessional assets already contribute 80% of the company's EBITDA.

Sacyr Concessions operates in 10 countries in Europe and Latin America and has 44 backlog assets. The total investment managed by the concessionaire is 12,796 million euros and the future income backlog stands at 28,348 million.


We use our own and third party cookies for analytical purposes. Click on HERE for more information. You can accept all cookies by clicking the "Accept" button or set them up or refuse their use by clicking.

Cookie declaration

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.

Name Provider Purpose Expiration Type
LFR_Sesión_STATE_* Liferay Manage your session as a registered user Session HTTP
GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID Liferay Determines the language with which it accesses, to show the same in the next session 1 year HTTP
ANONYMOUS_USER_ID Liferay Manage your session as an unregistered user 1 year HTTP
COOKIE_SUPPORT Liferay Identifies that the use of cookies is necessary for the operation of the portal 1 year HTTP
JSesiónID Liferay Manages login and indicates you are using the site Session HTTP
SACYRGDPR Sacyr Used to manage the cookie policy Session HTTP

These cookies allow us to count visits and sources of circulation in order to measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most or least popular, and see how many people visit the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.

Name Provider Purpose Expiration Type
_gat Google It is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites Session HTTP
_gid Google It is used to store and update a unique value for each page visited Session HTTP
_ga Google This is used for statistical and analytical purposes for increasing performance of our Services Session HTTP